9.02.2009

I have a format in my mind as far as how pages will be organized, it is more a question of how these thoughts could progress. I was thinking of doing something to the effect of section one: what we know (simple things that can't be argued) Sections two: things that have always been (less obvious than section one but things that are innately true to us as human beings, with an obvious focus on heidegger) section three: how things are changing (focus on auge) and section four as the questions that remain.... the sections would have to be modified but I feel like it should be set up almost like a logical proof.. like there needs to be some sort of progression but I haven't been able to organize it enough in my mind.. and it isn't exactly linear.. so.. I don't know. 

I have no problem continuing into the fall with this project. You are my studio prof btw, so that will make it easier. uhm... yeah.. I guess I will keep working thinking seeing and taking pictures.. I need to draw more while I am home. I haven't been sketching like I should be lately. Guilty as charged. 

More to come on the itinerary.. family thinks I need to sell the car :( and it would sell better in cali than in cinci... which would blow my whole trip [which would obviously be terrible].. but it would be a way to pay for fall quarter tuition as well.. sooooooooooooo. We will see. I am going to spend as much time in various parts of the bar area taking pictures and drawing in the meantime.. hopefully something will come together so that I can salvage at least parts of the trip though. 

Have fun.. I will keep plugging away. 


1 comment:

  1. Everything soundsgreat, except... Sorry to hear about the car.

    I have filled out the necessary co-op paperwork for you - essentially you got all 5s in the places that I could remotely connect their questions to this area of study.

    As for the book progression, I was thinking something similar to the chapter organizationt hat you have layed out. I think those topics are very good. I would work on the chapter names however. I know it is something I am guilty of, but I work on it and so should you; try not to use the word "thing" in academic text - it is ambiguous. I also think that the chapter name could get boiled down somewhat.

    Perhaps "What we know" could become "assumptions" or something like that.

    ...Or maybe, it could be "To Dwell," "Ways We Dwell," and finally "Predictions of Dwelling(s)"

    That could be a good sequence of names that relate one section to another in a very specific way while balancing between being overly explicit and overly ambiguous. Perhaps?...

    JE

    ReplyDelete