7.24.2009

::Sigh::

I think a break from Heidegger, at least for the moment, is a good idea. I have read/discussed Semper's Four Elements of Architecture but only briefly as part of a History/Theory/Crit class. Your response asked a few questions I am not entirely sure how to answer yet, but I think breaking down the four elements of the fourfold will help a lot.. and then taking a break and letting all of those ideas breath/absorb while I take a look at some other sources. I took pictures at the bus stop yesterday while I was waiting... this particular stop is also a transfer point so there are a good number of people coming and going. I will upload them later today or first thing tomorrow [which will allow me to take a second look today on my way into work]. I will see if I can't take the bus to this stop an hour early on the days I work evenings so I can spend some time just watching. I am not sure about a second stop yet, maybe the transit center? It would have a much higher volume which could be good and bad. It also has a more developed place for people to wait which I think would be a nice comparison.. I wish I were in Cincinnati for this bit. Cincinnati bus stops are always full of interesting things... haha.. 
P.S. I am almost relieved that I am not the only one confused. haha. But I do apologize for what may have been a very convoluted post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment