8.04.2009

=D

The books FINALLY came about twenty minutes ago.. I am going to get as far into auge today as I can since it is, conveniently, my day off this week. [Yes, only one, sad isn't it?]. Good news is Cassie and Raven have gone home and I work nights all week so I should be  able to invest a lot of time into Auge and The Poetics of Space. I have notes on "The Phenomenon of Space," That I will hopefully post tonight.. They are in my notebook now so I need to transcribe parts that are most interesting. . And then I will have notes on Auge, at least a beginning, tonight as well. I am happy to see that Non-Places is not the hunk of a book Camps has been.. =D a much easier chunk to bite off. I know I haven't posted but there should be more coming soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,

    Sounds great. You're doing very good work, and I have high expectations for the product that will come of it (whether that be a paper or a design or even an experimental drawing - I don't know).

    I'm glad the books came - look forward to the notes/comments etc.

    As the quarter winds down let's make these texts the last ones. This project could (and maybe should - later) go on for a very long time. I think that after this set of readings it is time to make those conclusions that you are prepared to make. I truly think that this, like any great project, will culminate in a profound question asked as a prelude of (and a projection into) what may come, rather than answers and suppositions.

    So let's draw this to a close, and begin a process of reflection that allows you to gain a more complete understanding of what you have discovered, observed, invented, and ways that it can guide you into further explorations.

    Fair enough?

    Oh and on an aside: Chicago was a really GREAT trip. I wish you could have come with us. The Renzo Piano Modern wing is open and it is one of the best museums I have EVER seen - and I have seen some great ones! You should go when the opportunity presents itself!

    JE

    ReplyDelete